My music video

Website

Website
This is my site, click to view

Monday, October 21, 2019

Post 10: My production review

Feedback

Star Persona 
My teachers were happy with my original star persona proposal, they liked the images I had chosen to show my character and thought the story for the artist was good. The main feedback I was given was just to include a social aspect, giving my artist having a cause or charity they believe in would be a good way to humanize them and therefore make them more appealing to audiences. I worked on this, making sure to talk about how he was from a working class background living with a single mother and wanted to help disadvantaged kids like he once was as a means to do good and give back.

I also listened to things they had said on accessories and even though I liked the sunglasses my star had, I felt that I could do more and so gave my artist a little chain to give him more character without taking away his down to earth persona.

Song Choice
My song choice was initially scrutinized by my teachers, who were worried the song would be too EDM sounding to be considered pop; however they thought if I would be able to perform it with enough energy it could work. After my performance bed was filmed, they thought the song was perfect for me and had no qualms about me using the song.

Performance bed and Narrative
There were no criticisms with my performance bed, so there were no additional performance shots or reshoots needed, however after coming up with my initial idea for my narrative, I received some feedback on things I should adjust. Firstly I was advised to film in a wider range of locations as most of my filming areas were initially suburban London, it would have been good to get some more urban, central shots in my video. 

Editing
There was a shot where I was talking to my friends that made less sense after I changed the location of the previous shot to central London. To combat this issue I added in text to the video as a way to caption and anchor the video whilst not adding in any more audio to the song. I was also told that some of my shots were edited in a way that meant there was a substantial break between 2 shots of the same scene. This made it less clear that it was the same scene and meant the audience had forgot the original shot when going into the other one. I edited the shots much closer together to combat this issue.

After fixing all these things I was advised to make sure the grade was consistent across my whole video as well as making sure that there was some kind of promotion for the website and social medias to keep the video convergent with my artists site and social media pages. 

Website 
My site was the part of my project that received the most feedback suchg as my teachers informing me that my site didn't have all it's buttons leading to proper links or not having a dedicated charity section on the site despite mentioning it in my bio.

My final website feedback

The site also wasn't formatted well for all screen sizes in some places, so I had to adjust it to make sure most features were within the safety lines. My peers gave me most of the feedback on the actual design of the website, being told to use a clear colour scheme and a consistent font choice, they also advised me to put my newsletter at the bottom of the page instead of in the middle of the page. After a complete overhaul of my main page I managed to implement all of these fixes as well as personal changes I felt were necessary, this meant my teachers had minimal advice to give me on the look of the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment