My music video

Website

Website
This is my site, click to view

Friday, December 14, 2018

Blog post 14: My location reccie, risk assessment and location permission

I did all of these things in the lead up to my actual shoot. This was done in order to make filming go as smoothly as possible; ie so that any risks were accounted for, I was definitely allowed to film in these areas and to make sure the location was prepared for our filming. I took these photos and it helped me identify how suitable these locations would be for the final shoot. They were both perfect for what I had to do, being fairly large clean good looking houses which were plausible for our characters to live in. The risk assessment was done by me as I thought of all the realistic and fairly likely situations that could occur.I was given verbal permission to be allowed to film in both of my locations as well as my friend messaging me to give permission




Reccies of my location


Sam's house exterior,Walthamstow

Outside area with a quiet street and many houses. Can place the camera both on the pavement and in the street (whilst being wary of occasional cars). No need to watch out for pedestrians interrupting shots and no dressing needed.


Sam's kitchen area,Walthamstow

Large kitchen, with space to put the camera outside filming into it; or from the kitchen area out into the rest of the house. Slight de-cluttering of the area will serve as appropriate dressing.


This was helpful to the filming process as it meant that there were no surprises when it came to actually filming. All the locations looked great for filming on the day, there were no serious accidents which happened on the day and I was allowed to film in all of the locations I had agreed to on both weekends. If I hadn't done this I may have had a lot of easily avoidable problems and would've meant I couldn't focus on the important things of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment