My music video

Website

Website
This is my site, click to view

Friday, December 14, 2018

Blog Post 11: My advert's soundscapes

I used royalty free music for my advert, going to a source of quality, free and non-copyright music I already knew of: www.Incompetech.com. I found a piece of music that was fairly minimalist and light-hearted called "Kool Kats" and decided to use that for both adverts. The piece had no blaring instruments or lyrics that would distract from the voice over or dialogue in the advert itself.

The download page on Incompetech for my adverts music
Most of the sound effects such as the various "wooshes" were done by voice in order to make sure they were original where possible. For some sound effects, I found royalty free effects online after looking for a while to provide diegetic sound to my car startup and beeping scenes, something common to most of the adverts I had looked at to give the ads more energy. I also made sure when mixing the audio to turn all the music down and turn all the voices and sfx up to make sure the music wasn't to overbearing, as this was a convention true to all ads I saw. The voices in my trailer came purely from narration, I wrote my script for both ads beforehand as can be seen here:

The use voiceover in this way was due to other adverts I had seen which use narration and miming actors to create comedy such as in this McDonald's advert:

No comments:

Post a Comment