My music video

Website

Website
This is my site, click to view

Friday, December 14, 2018

Blog post 4: The target audience (males and females aged 16-25)

I did this research in order to see who to market my adverts to. This was in part influenced by the brief we looked at which told us to market to males and females aged 16-25 but I also looked into the target audience of Channel 4 in order to see generally who would be watching the channel and when. I looked at the Channel 4 website, we did a survey to see what they found important in a food delivery service and I also looked at an Ofcom report on TV watchers.

The typical Channel 4 audience
From the Ofcom research, I have learned that the core audience of channel 4 is from around 16-34 year olds. They are generally seen to do this through more experimental shows which would appeal to a more diverse, accepting youth audience through shows such as “The Bisexual” or “Skins”. This as well as its constantly changing branding in order to be more modern is what makes it a real young persons tv channel. It does however know it’s audience and knows where everybody is watching: online. Netflix having a 76% favorability rating among young people, the highest of any television channel or on demand service available; compared to channel 4’s 42%. Our audience crosses over nicely, as our whole audience (16-25 year old males and females) fits within the channel 4 audience . Channel 4 also reaches a slightly older demographic (up to 34 year olds) and so we had to also take this into account, making sure we didn't try to appeal to the whole of channel 4's audience and staying true to the brief.

From the survey we did I found out that when it comes to food delivery, most people saying that both food quality and good food hygiene are the most important to people. We also found that on the whole people didn't really want anything specific changed about the current model except maybe an overall cheaper service.


Survey results on how important each aspect is (1: least important to 5: most important)

This overall taught me that I should make sure my advert has a diverse range of races and genders in order to appeal to the more diverse youth audience. As well as making sure I kept my branding modern and fairly minimalist to appeal to my audience. My focus on quality food in my advert was also influenced by the survey we did as that was clearly a priority for most people.

No comments:

Post a Comment