My music video

Website

Website
This is my site, click to view

Friday, December 14, 2018

Blog post 1: Existing take away food delivery services/industry

We researched this in order to get an idea of USPs and conventions of the modern online food delivery industry. We did so by and looking in various places such as Youtube, Wikipedia, watching the ads themselves on TV or even using the apps or websites of these various companies





This was a video I found from YouTube which really helped in my research of the industry. It showed me a plethora of different delivery services as well as telling me what makes each one different thereby giving me plenty of ideas for food delivery USPs. The video also shows the variety of categories on which people judge food delivery services, from speed to quality to cost of delivery. This helped me decide what features I may want to advertise in my adverts. I also did other research on the food delivery industry itself as I learned how the industry generated £9.7 billion in 2017 in the UK as well as 41 thousand jobs. I also learned the importance of collaboration between brands as Uber Eats was able to acquire Mcdonalds delivery under its name. Both Uber Eats, Deliveroo and Just Eat were able to provide delivery for places which don't have it such as KFC or Mcdonalds, however the Uber Eats did get some negative press with how little money the jobs makes for those who are delivering it.



The Just Eat Website
I also specifically looked at the Just Eat website for a clearer picture on what these companies were branded like as well as what was their main priorities.

Something that stood out to me from this website was the addition of the advertisement for the app at the bottom of the page. As the page only contains a few features: a field to enter your address, recommendations (which only appear once you have already used the website once), a page footer and this advert. This page is very bare bones yet they clearly felt it was important enough to include the app advert; showing how important the mobile app is to the company. This is reflected also in the advert. The importance of speed can also be seen in the ad copy, the use of language such as “even faster” and “speedy” included in the few words there are, show that the speed of delivery is a very critical feature in the food delivery. As well as the importance of taste, with “flavour” also featuring in the tagline.
Uber eats app page




Overall it meant I showed my audience the good things about my service IE speed, quality of food; whilst also helping me design a food delivery company based on the companies I already know. I really liked the unique USP of Uber Eats, delivering food which isn't typically delivered to peoples homes as well (ie McDonalds). I was also a fan of their generally minimalist colour scheme used in their branding and decided to try and adopt that simple approach into my own branding.

No comments:

Post a Comment