My music video

Website

Website
This is my site, click to view

Friday, December 14, 2018

Blog post 3: The ASA BCAP code

We researched this in order to help us see what we could and could not include in our own adverts. We did this mainly by going on the official ASA website and looking for what are things which our adverts would be likely to include that we wouldn't be able to do.

The main section of the BCAP Code I focused on
“Advertisements must avoid anything likely to condone or encourage poor nutritional habits or an unhealthy lifestyle, especially in children.” This clearly showed us that we should stay away from using young children in our advertisements (those below the age of 16) if we plan on advertising unhealthy foods to be delivered. “ Advertisements must not disparage good dietary practice” and so we should stay away from discrediting other healthier options to make one's own advert look better. This follows a general trend that any practices promoting a less healthy lifestyle explicitly, are very much prohibited.

This helped me choose my actors in my advert and made sure I only used people my age or older. I also was very wary of having no discouraging of healthy food in my adverts. One of my adverts was going to have the character eat a YourFood burger instead of a "boring" salad however this may have been against the ASA BCAP guidlines and so I opted to use a less healthy boring food, a cheese sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment