My music video

Website

Website
This is my site, click to view

Friday, December 14, 2018

Blog post 8: My initial proposal

When starting creation on my advert I decided I liked the idea of a voice-over lead advert from adverts such as the MoneySuperMarket adverts and so I decided I would do that. I wanted to come up with a unique concept surrounding this and made some notes on what I planned to do in order to get my basic idea down.

An advert with a comedic voice over in the same style I planned to do for my advert

At the start my idea seemed too long but I quite liked the concept. It was an advert focused on someone with an overall boring life who eats the same boring food every day but then goes into a scenario where his life is much more interesting and so is his food; until finally concluding with the fact he can't change everything in his life but he can spice up his food with YourFood.

I had a similar idea with my second advert which featured a couple who had a terrible day but then they redo the whole day, this time where everything goes right, until the advert finally says you cant go back in time but maybe they can do it right tomorrow.

These adverts proved much too long with the idea of going back and redoing the day in a better way meaning almost 2 ads had to be made in one 30 second ad space. Many things were changed but the general concepts of the man who has a boring life and the couple who had a bad day which is all improved by YourFood, stayed until the final product.

My idea always made sure to stick to the brief, with the planned use of 17 year old actors in situations that young people from ages 16-25 would all be able to relate to. I planned to have a similar theme across both adverts as well as consistent branding in order to create synergy between them and I planned to create a tagline which I would use for both adverts.I wanted to use the voice-over to create humour to engage the audience and make the adverts memorable.

I found this process helpful and they overall allowed me to create a fully fleshed out advert concept based on these ideas. I had not yet decided on my slogan, the exact voice over dialogue, my actors or my music but I had an idea created which I could work from.

No comments:

Post a Comment